Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hello! I'm Rose, and this is my blog Reflecting Moonlight. This is my first post, so don't expect anything amazing!! :D I guess I could start by telling you a little about myself. I'm a Christian, if you couldn't tell, and I love Jesus! I love dancing, writing, and reading, also. I have a great many big dreams that I want to accomplish.

I just thought about what I could do! I could write a Bible verse at the beginning of every post that corresponds with that post. Then I could write my post. I will not do it this time though because this post really has no point to it. I just felt pressured to write a post so I have something on my blog for now, while I'm gathering my thought.  Instead, I shall put a small devotional on here to give you something a little more interesting to read that my ramblings. =)

I hope you will enjoy these posts! Have a great day and God Bless you!!

Here's the devotional(this is for girls):


So, what was I created to be? What were you created to be?


Hmmm...this is a question that has stumped me many times. Let’s just brainstorm a little bit. I know I was created by Jesus and for Jesus (Colossians 1:16b). So I was created to be God’s creation. I was created to be in relationship with Jesus.
What else?
I am created to be God’s daughter and as a daughter of a King, a Princess. With this role comes both privileges and responsibilities (Matthew 25:34).
I am created to be filled to the measure with God’s love (Ephesians 3:19). That means there are no empty spots...My life is created to be full, not empty.
I am created to be a display of God’s splendor (Isaiah 61:3). I am created to be a reflection of Him.
I am created to become more and more like my Father. The real deal.
I am created to be beautiful.
Whoa...did that catch anyone else off guard? It does me. So many times I don’t feel beautiful. I feel the opposite. Homely and average. But, not always beautiful. Created to be beautiful? That one is sometimes hard to believe. But, it’s true.

(I do not claim this, this is not mine. I got this from http://www.teen-beauty-tips.com/free-teen-devotionals.html. Sign up to recieve inspiring devotionals in your mail inbox!!)


2 comments:

  1. Is it Scarlat or Scarlet? Scarlet is a color, I think Scarlat is a different spelling. I like the pronunciation! Yay for new words!

    This inspires me too! That's a good idea, to put a Scripture verse at the top of each blog post.
    I think I'll do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Scarlat. I wanted to name one of my characters Scarlet, so when I searched the name/ color to learn more about it, this spelling popped up with the other ways of spelling the name. I liked it so much that I'm using that instead of Scarlet. And yes I do know scarlet is a color. :)

    ReplyDelete